150pxls.gif (76 bytes)

THE WTO: THE WTO BUILDING

The Park

150pxls.gif (76 bytes)

The WTO building
Welcome
History
Works of art
The Park


The William Rappard Park on the east side of the CWR

The William Rappard Park, situated between the Villa Barton and the Geneva Botanical Gardens, offers one of the most beautiful views of Lake Geneva and the Alps rising from the opposite shore. The park is equally remarkable for its gigantic twin cedars, well over a hundred years old, as well as a magnificent blue Arizona cypress.

The most-visited tree is the giant Latvian oak planted in 1923. Other trees of interest include the blue cedar from the Atlas mountains, Lebanon cedars, and beech trees.

The largest sculpture in the park is titled “The human effort” and was sculpted by the Geneva artist James Vibert in 1935. You will also find in the park other gifts of statuary, including an ornamental fountain surmounted by a giant Neptune, a delicate statue “The young girl at the piano” as well as a fine sculpted horse.


Artist James Vibert’s “The Human Effort”, in the William Rappard Park